No Mas Chuecos is a local grassroots campaign that will decrease the risks of criminalization and/or deportation of migrants in the United States by providing educational resources and programs that inform people of the consequences of using false documents to attain employment.
This campaign’s purpose is to empower and educate people on how to follow legal processes to obtain employment and decrease risks of criminalization and/or deportation. To that end, we aim to educate the broader Colorado community on the barriers immigrants face due to our nation’s broken immigration system. Collectively we will disrupt and challenge the negative stereotypes and false myths that affect the lives of working immigrants.
The No Mas Chuecos has three primary goals:
- Nourish a local grassroots campaign in pursuit of immigration and judicial reform.
- Strengthen our collective understanding on the hardships and barriers that migrants face when seeking employment in the United States.
- Provide workshops/resources on:
- How to apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) in order to file taxes
- How to obtaining a Colorado driver’s license
- The reasons why identity theft / identity fraud happens
Take the Pledge